Thursday, July 27, 2006

An email I sent out that afternoon...

"i'm sorry to do this over email...
i just got the results of a biopsy this morning and i have cancer...i'm going to have surgery late next week to remove the lump and test my lymph nodes so i'll know more after that but they want to start chemotherapy right away, they said there's minimal risk to Isaiah since i'm in the 2nd trimester...and i'm not sure when jim is going to be able to come home yet...
i just feel so blessed because i have such good friends here if i need help and i'm so thankful that Isaiah is in God's hands regardless of what's going on...and God has reminded me of a verse or a song almost each moment since this morning...that even when i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i need fear no eveil, that the joy of the Lord is my strength, that His strength is made perfect in my weakness, that He has plans to give me a hope and a future and not to harm me, that He asks me not to fear or be discouraged because He is with me, He is my Healer and the Great Physician...there are no guarantees of the outcome but that He works all things together for good and that He's with me...He is just such a good God to walk through something like this with...just to let you know where i'm at right now, i'm sad and scared but these are the thoughts i hold on to in my weakness
thank you in advance for your prayers and please pray for jim, the poor guy had to hear the news over the phone from the other side of the planet..."

No comments: