Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"What Helped Me Get Through"

Is the title of a book the American Cancer Society just came out with as a resource to cancer patients.  It's a compilation of the surveys a Dr. Julie Silver gathered from ACS's website...I filled out the survey a few months back(probably a little too early in the morning) and I actually made the book...it's odd to see your name in print, pretty humbling... I think it is such a fantastic resource for someone just starting down this path to see how all different types of people have chosen to face this thing. Its so neat to read what a kindred spirit wrote and also those I can't relate to much at all, other than we've both had cancer. Those who have no faith in God for example...what a completely different perspective that gives you of the disease...I'm sure they have a similarly difficult time understanding what got me through. Sometimes I don't understand it myself...why I have this trust in the Lord as opposed to being fighting mad that He would "do this to me"-- that I could more expect from the me I know :)  why I know, really KNOW that He loves me and has and will work all this out for my good, when that sounds a little like crazy talk!

No comments: