Thursday, January 11, 2007

the surgery

"everything went well today...i'm not really in any pain.  i should find out some results on tuesday morning...
thank you so much for all your prayers
laura"

my sweet mother in law took me to the hospital so my husband could get a couple hours of rest and it was sort of funny sitting and chatting about old movies with little isaiah in his carseat in pre-op...some things are so surreal...surgery again, here we reached the climax, isaiah's birth, and he was fine and healthy and now here's the cancer question again...and again, the Lord blankets worried and scared little me with His peace that passes understanding so that i can chat and laugh away the wait, proudly showing off my son to anyone who will pause :) i'm shameless! i really overanalyze things but when i step back and look at myself, i don't recognize the me that is walking along this path, when i look below the surface i see the reality: my big Daddy marching solidly along, carrying me in His arms and sheltering me from the insanity and pain, whispering His comfort and peace in my ear, making it utterly impossible for me to give up, or maybe i gave up long ago :)  its so much easier letting Him take care of things :)

No comments: