Monday, November 17, 2008

Ribbon Walk

I took 2 of the kids with me Saturday and walked in the Ribbon Walk for the Friends of the Cancer...such an odd feeling accepting my Survivor pin...I was so excited to go and maybe get to share our story with someone, but there was a sea of faces and all I could think of was Michelle and her family...There was an awesome speaker who spoke so honestly about how it was so difficult at times but that she gave God all the credit for healing her, that she's been here all these years since, and she shared that since losing her father to lung cancer she had a difficult time volunteering for anything related to cancer, it was just too fresh...
I look at my children and know things could be so different for them right now, and I am so grateful...sometimes I just have a hard time thinking about...Michelle is in Heaven, which is by far a better place, her children will be okay, the Lord will see to them, use this for good in their lives, comfort and care for them their lifelong...and I'm here with my children living this gift of life the best I can by God's grace, not taking it for granted quite as much as I always had as an "innocent/invincible/strong" person...the Lord will have to reconcile the two of us I guess.

No comments: